Hi, I’m Janie, and my passion is Pilates! I’m so happy to be teaching at Core Fusion Pilates + Yoga! I’ve been an instructor
since 2003, and am dedicated to the classical Pilates Method, working with clients from ages 13 to 70, with all fitness levels.
I was introduced to Pilates in 2001 after the delivery of my second child. After experiencing postpartum fatigue, I was determined to not let it consume me so I began looking for natural alternatives to medication — Pilates was the answer! Shortly after beginning the practice of the Pilates Method, I received my first certification — Pilates Mat through the PhysicalMind Institute in 2003.
In 2004, a job transfer brought our family to Southlake Texas and after getting the family settled into our new home, I received a second certification — Comprehensive Apparatus through Power Pilates in 2006. I’m also a certified RYT 200 Yoga instructor (Sunstone Fitness Leadership Program).
I’ve had the benefit of training with some of the most respected Pilates Teacher Trainers in the industry. I am passionate about the mind body awareness and truly believe that physical fitness is a requisite of happiness and wellness. My primary goal as an instructor is to empower my clients with limited abilities and assist them to persevere to levels that are safe and progressive to help them achieve their fitness goals.
- Mat Certification 101, Physical Mind, 2003
- Mat Certification 201, Physical Mind, 2003
- Beginner Pilates Mat, Power Pilates, 2003
- Comprehensive Apparatus Teacher, Power Pilates, 2008
- Vbarre Method Teacher, 2012
- Master Mat Class, Pilates Method Alliance/Real Pilates, 2019
- The Cadillac, Pilates Method Alliance, 2019
- Basics of Anatomy, Power Pilates, 2006
- Continuing Education Conference, Power Pilates, 2008
- Continuing Education Conference, Power Pilates, 2009
- Power up your Mat, Power Pilates, 2009
- Mat with Weights, how to format a Wanda Chair, Chair Session, Jumpboard, Special Cases, Power Pilates, 2010
- Intermediate Tower Technique, Bootcamp Techniques, Reformer on the Mat, Advance Tower Techniques, Advance Tower Cue Progressions, Power Pilates, 2010
- You and Your Business, Bones of Steel, Intermediate Reformer Review (Cue/Spot/Variations), Magic Circle Madness, Online Marketing, Jumpboard, Teacher’s Forum, Power Pilates, 2011
- Review High and Wunda Chair, Super Advance Reformer, Power Pilates, 2013
- Intermediate Mat Training & Core Mat II, Power Pilates, 2014
- Return to Life on the Mat, Pilates Method Alliance, 2016
- Intermediate Reformer on the V2 Max Plus, STOTT Pilates, 2018
- Fitness Leadership Program (Yoga Alliance requirements) RYT 200, SunstoneFit, 2018